January 2010 Christian Fiction Releases
Twelve new releases this month, a good mix of everything from suspense to Amish. Since it's snowing so much across the Midwest and even into the South, what better time to order a book online, have it delivered to your door and curl up with a good read? My current read released last month - The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen. A page-turner so far! 1. A Stray Drop of Blood by Roseanna M. White from Whitefire Publishing. Born free, made a slave, married out of her bonds, Abigail never knows freedom until she feels the fire of a stray drop of blood from a Jewish carpenter.
2. A Deadly Wilderness by Kelly Irvin from Five Star/Gale/Cengage. A family that will stop at nothing to protect its secrets and a drug cartel hit man are just two of the pieces to the puzzle Homicide Detective Ray Johnson must solve to find a murderer—and save his own life.
3. Becoming Lucy The Winds Across the Prairie Series by Martha Rogers from Realms Division of Strang Communications. An alleged murderer reclaims his life, but can he reclaim his beloved?
4. Burn by Erin Healy and Ted Dekker from Thomas Nelson. A supernatural thriller about a woman who gets an unwanted chance to extinguish her fiery past.
5. First Impressions by Michelle Sutton from Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc. Playing the role of a saloon girl taught her how to flirt, but it makes a lousy first impression on the man whose heart she longs to win.
6. Jenna's Cowboy, Callahans of Texas Book 1 by Sharon Gillenwater from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. Will Jenna's love enable Nate to put the horrors of war behind him and become the man she deserves?
7. Never Far from Home, 2nd in the Miller Family Series by Mary Ellis from Harvest House Publishers. Emma's rebellious Rumschpringe may lead to her banishment as friendship turns to love with the English sheepfarmer.
8. Plain Jayne by Hillary Manton Lodge from Harvest House Publishers. Girl reporter Jayne Tate finds more than she bargained for when she goes to Amish Country to research a story.
9. Sworn to Protect by DiAnn Mills from Tyndale. Danika Morales has sworn to protect our nation's borders. But that oath has come with a price.
10. The Chic Shall Inherit the Earth, All About Us #6 by Shelley Adina from Hatchette FaithWords. At exclusive Spencer Academy, Lissa Mansfield gains popularity when she replaces her nemesis, Vanessa, on the senior Cotillion committee, but graduation and major decisions about the future loom.
11. The Choice, Lancaster County Secrets, Book 1 by Suzanne Woods Fisher from Revell. A tender story of love and forgiveness, "The Choice" uncovers the sweet simplicity of the Amish world--and shows it's never too late to find your way back to God.
12. The Husband Tree, Montana Marriages by Mary Connealy from Barbour. A tough lady rancher drags a reluctant cowhand on a cattle drive along with her four daughters.